Worker’s compensation is to protect both the employer and the employee from the costs and hardships of employee injury and accidents occurring during the course of employment. This type of insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits to those who are injured while working. In exchange for these benefits, the employee gives up his rights to sue his employer for the incident. As a business owner, it is very important to have worker’s compensation insurance because it protects yourself and your company from legal complications.
Workers compensation insurance covers for
- Comprehensive coverage of all statutory requirements of employers
- Accidental Death
- Permanent total disablement
- Permanent temporary disablement
- Temporary total disablement
- Optional cover for medical, surgical and hospital expenses, including cost of transportation to hospital, on payment of extra premium